Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Monday, August 16

"Hey, I want to talk about church . . ."


Querido Familia,


Well, my family, sounds like ya´ll´re having a good time! I am too! So after all of our investigators fell, we´ve found some more, not as many as we´d like, but things are looking better. We found a guy named Edson, who doesn´t really believe in anything, but he wants to know, and he´s really sincere while he talks to us. Then there´s the Family of Gaby that we found, they didn´t make it to church, so we´re going to pass by tomorrow to see what happened. Then last night we were walking home, and this guy stopped us and said, "Hey, I want to talk about church with you two." And we said, "No! Absolutely not! What makes you think that we talk about church?" and continued walking... ¡Just Kidding! It turns out his mom had died and his church wasn´t helping him with their answers. He asked for our number and wants to call us (and I´m pretty sure that he will because he contacted us...) So that was awesome! I wish everyone did that... 


¡Oh! I am officially legal in México now. I went to the Immigration Office this morning, wait for about 1 1/2 hours, signed and waited for another 1/2 hour, and now I´m legal. I met President´s youngest son, Cole, today. He´s back from the states for school now. Then we got a third companion today as well. El Élder Cruz de (from) Vera Cruz. So there´s going to be a lot more Español now... which will be good for me.


My ankle got a little swollen this last week... ok, it was a little bit more than a little, but not much. Élder Ashton wouldn´t let me walk on it, and that was fine because it hurt, well first he didn´t believe me, but then he saw it and said, "Wow, you can´t be walking on that!" So I didn´t, and it´s fine now. :)


Well, I think that that is all for this week. Oh, and Mom, you would be so proud, I dilute my Honey Bunches of Oats with Corn Flakes and it tastes great!! The cheapest cereal here is Frosted Flakes. I got it once, and it was just a bunch of sugary nastiness! Don´t eat it!!!


Con amor, 
Élder Gibson

No comments: