Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Monday, January 17

Conferences and baptisms and out-house holes! Oh my!!



 





Querida Familia,

It sounds like it´s going to be a busy week for you all!! I hope you all have fun!! En especial tú, Michele!

We got 18 referrals from the open house this time. Which is a big improvement from last time´s 6 and half of which we were already teaching... So I´m happy with it. :)

Yeah, Kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missioness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so going to Madagascar!!!! Ja ja!!  Jk, I´ve heard that that is a mission though...

We had a conference with the area seventy, President Johnson. It was so awesome!! Looking back, pretty much all he did was ask questions... but I don´t know, it was awesome and I learned a lot!! ... Reflective questions or something... Ja ja!! at one part of the conference he said, "I´m only asking questions, I don´t know why you all look so guilty..." then he laughed. (rhetorical questions) ;) 

Yesterday, we baptized Agripina and Carlos!!! Daniel Angel will have to wait another 4 years until he´s 8. It was a simple little service right after church, and the water wasn´t warm (it wasn´t too cold either... just a little colder than I would have liked... ;) ) but it was good and they´re happy. :) They live in a humble little house. It doesn´t have running water or electricity, but it´s a house!! I love going over there, because she´s so ready to learn every time we go over there.

There´s a family of our ward that was forced to sell their house to pay off some debts, and had to move to their little piece of land out in the middle of no where. It doesn´t have running water or electricity So our ward decided to go help them. They were living under a little pavilion type thing, so we went and put some planks on it so they could have walls. Some of us started digging a well, and others of us started digging a hole for the out-house. (That was the second one that I´ve dug in México now... ;) )  The young men came too. There was this one ¿14? year-old... Oh my graciasness!! (or as they say here: ¡No manches!)  I´ve never seen a kid work that hard. And he´s like this little stick person! He picked up two five-gallon buckets full of dirt, one balanced on his shoulder with one hand, and carrying the other with the other hand! I wish I got a picture of it! I kind of got a picture of him... he´s the one in the circular hole with the blue shirt. I was just plumb amazed. I got tired a lot faster than I used to. I haven´t done that kind of work in a long time...

I actually haven´t gotten sick since I´ve been here. The level of "impressiveness" of the food has gone down, but it tastes just as good! I love mexican food!!!! One sister made us these enchiladas... SO good!!

 Well, I´m still loving it here!! Keep the prayers coming!!




con amor,
Élder Gibson

No comments: