Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Monday, September 27

¡¡Baptisms!! ¡¡all around!! ... or just one. ;)


¡Hi there mi familia!


Apparently there´s been some really bad weather in Veracruz too. But not where my companion lives. So that´s good. And why is everyone getting married? Amanda´s [Wignall]getting married too! Goodness gracias! I´m going to be the only single person when I get home! Ha ha!


Ah, yes, the days of the Swiss. I remember those well. Oh, there are these things called "tianguis" here that are pretty much like the Swiss Days... vendors...? if that´s what they´re called... except these are everyday in different places. They just close down streets, set up tents, and sell! Awesome.


Ha ha! I remember the youth missionary dinner thing! The ward is great for doing stuff like that. It helps the youth get used to missionarish stuff.


General Conference is this week!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡! ok... But seriously, I was in the MTC for the last one, but it doesn´t seem that long ago... but it does... but it doesn´t... ;) We´re hopefully going to have some investigators to ´come listen to the prophet´s voice´. I´m so excited!!! ¡¡¡Estoy tan animado!!!


Oh, and just by way of anouncement, we baptized Josué Moisés Tedeo Hernandez yesterday. ;) The ward was very good about welcoming him. A bunch of them stayed for the service after church. He had a little trouble offering the closing prayer, but one of the hermanos went up and helped him. That was nice of him. We also had a ward activity that we were in charge of on Friday. We had a few investigators there and they loved it! (¡YES!) We read parts from Lehi´s dream and then blind-folded people and had a few little activities. Then we blind-folded everyone, and did the iron rod activity. We used a rope going through the churchyard, eventually leading to the 'tree of life' (my tree drawing skills came into use ;) ). Everyone thought it was great, and was asking about the next one!


I wish I could send pictures, but I plugged my camera into the computer and it got a virus... oh blah. So I can only look at my pictures on the camera itself. But I´m going into the offices this week for a 'junior companion conference', so I can get it fixed while I´m there. So pictures next week!!


Well, that seem's to be all for this week.


con amor,
Élder Gibson

No comments: