Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Monday, July 19

Uh... ¿Hola?


Querido Familia de mio,
  

I was kind of sore this week too. After English classes, we play futbol... and apparently I need to run more often... ;) It was a lot of fun and I´m not as bad as I thought I´d be while playing with Mexicans... ;) 
  

Well Esther got baptized Saturday, and It was awesome! Apparently she was being reserved when she talked to us. She called us "usted" and such. Now she calls us "tu" and she´s really excited about the gospel. She wants her siblings to get baptized, her kids, her nephew, her mom has a date for this Friday, and she wants to help. She´s actually giving us dinner tonight. New converts are awesome. This is especially awesome because we´ve been having a hard time finding new investigators, so this will be very helpful!
  

We walk a lot, and whenever we pass a group of teenagers, they always like to yell after us whatever English they know, which usually consists of something like, "Hello my friend!" (with thick Mexican accent) Ha ha!! I think it´s funny. 
  

So I´m told that I have a good Mexican accent... so when I talk to people they just talk back like I know exactly what they´re saying. Then we tell them that I´m still learning and I had no idea what they said, then they say, "¿Verdad? ¡Habla bien!" I guess they´re used to gringo accents when ever they see a güerdo... Ha ha!
  

Well, I think that´s all for this week. Kevin´s got a letter coming ( I sent it on the... 15th? tell me how long it takes!) 
  

con amor,
  
Élder Gibson

No comments: