Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Monday, June 21


Querido Familia,

So, I'm here in Park City and it's awesome!! I think that it was kind of funny that the send me to one of the few places in the mission that I've never been to. Ha ha! Seven other elders came out with me and they're all visa waiters too. Apparently this mission gets a bunch of visa waiters. I'm actually in another trio. Elder Bennett is my dad (from Alberta, Canada), and Elder Wagner (from Chico, California; grew up in Mexico, in a Mormon Colony) is my older/younger brother (he has more field experience but I've been out about four times as long as he has; he only spent three weeks in the MTC because he speaks Spanish). He's two weeks older than me in the field. They're both so awesome! We're getting another brother tomorrow too (another visa waiter).  So we'll be a quad... weird.  But we're going to be splitting everyday so we can get more done.

I'm actually going to the Consulate tomorrow to get my visa stuff done and I may be leaving for Mexico this Friday. I almost want to stay here for a little while though... which is kind of funny, because I never thought I'd want to be serving in Utah. It really doesn't matter where you are though, there are people everywhere that don't have the gospel.

Elder Fordham (the elder in my zone in the MTC from Georgia) is in Aunt Lorilee's area. I saw him at Zone Conference and told him that, but he said that he only eats/teaches/talks with Hispanics.

I've seen some of the richest and some of the poorest... well actually not really. The rich just make the average seem poor. They're all amazing though!! You should have gotten a picture of my companions and I eating at a member’s house, he's pretty well off.

Our investigators are amazing!!  Jill (we teach her in English) is what you might call "golden". She's amazing though. She accepts what we teach her and her only questions are clarifying questions so that she can understand completely. I think the Lord has been working with her for a while.  Another girl is Natalia. She's nine years old and is so excited about the gospel. They started out teaching all the kids and I think their mom too, but she's the most excited to go to church. And she knows so much too!! We went to their house last night to teach her (in English and Espanol (the kids speak both)) and she was explaining things back to us perfectly! She is so ready! We're going to talk to her mom at seven today, about a baptismal date, because we don't think her mom understands completely. Hopefully it goes well!!

That's all for this week. I may be emailing from Mexico next week!

Con amor,
Elder Gibson

No comments: