Mexico Guadalajara East Mission

. . .. . ... . ... . .... . ..... . .... . ... . ... . .. . .

Sunday, December 19

¿See? ya´ll on Saturday!




Querida familia,


Yup! Sounds like winter! Except for all the rain... and I really like your granola... ;)
So first off and very important... ;)  For the phone call on Christmas:  We were told that we can use Skype if we want to do a video call.  I wish we had a little more notice, but oh well. So what we would need is:
               -for you to have an account
               -to make me an account with this info (same capitalization and spacing)
                     -username:   Elder Gibson
                     -password:   REVOLUCION
               -add me as a friend on your account (and you as a friend on my account)
               -both of us need to be on at 10:00 a.m. sharp! ;)
I think that`s all. Elder Cruz is going to call his family first at 9:00. But if something goes wrong you can expect a call todos modos.
I DO get to play the cello!! I´m so excited! We found a member that has one and she let me borrow it so I could practice. We´ll be performing this Wednesday from 4 to 8 for 15 minutes at the beginning of each hour, at the stake center next to the temple. I´m playing with the hymns and two special numbers: Oh Holy Night, and What Child Is This? I´m so excited!!
We got to go to the temple and Sirloin Stockade for our Christmas activity. When we got there the Assistants told us that we had an assignment to bring 7 people who needed (not wanted) to eat with us. So we split up and went searching. My group didn`t find anyone, but we got the 7. Actually it was like 8 or 9... There was a family there so that made me happy. Then we had a gift exchange (...I got hair removing wax...), a piñata and a devotional. It was a lot of fun. Then we were able to go to the temple! It´s a really small temple (your chapel is bigger) but it`s just as awesome! Another cool thing was that I understood pretty much everything even though it was in Spanish.
That`s really all that I can remember from last week... It was a highlight of my mission though. :)
See ya on Saturday hopefully!!

Con amor, 
Élder Gibson



No comments: